Idiot proof

Thursday, June 23, 2005

TMI- what exactly is too much?

I was told recently that "he" didn't understand how I could have a blog. So open, a direct link to my thoughts. What I put here is for anyone to read. An open road to what's going on in my life, what is happening in my heart. Honestly, I don't understand it either. There are times when I just want to close this damn thing and not bother with having a blog. The funny thing is, it's a release. An outlet for a few of the things that I can remember at the end of the day. I have so much going on, so honestly other activities aren't really possible at this time. I was reading other blogs this morning and I know that I'm not as open as some, not as political as others, not as hateful, or as loving. I'm kind of just here stuck in the middle. My blog isn't for any of you to keep track of me, it's mainly for me. I know I forget lots of things. The way a smile made me feel. The bat of an eyelash. Even the way the water felt when a single drop ran down my chest, into my bra and under my breast. I don't want to forget some things. I guess this is my way of preserving memories. I know that I'm not a very exciting person, but I am pretty happy with who I am. I don't think I need to be exciting. I just want to be good. A good person that my kids will be proud of.

I don't know if anyone else goes through this, but there are times when my brain yearns for knowledge. There are times when I feel like my brain gets foggy and slow. I long to learn more. I want to sharpen my mind and learn as many things as possible. I'm not just talking about book work, although lord knows I still need plenty of that, but skills as well. There are so many things that we can learn to do if we only take the time. I used to say that when I was an old lady I wanted to be able to look back on how full my life was. I still agree with that. Speaking of being an old lady, my and Bren's birthday's are coming up. I am trying to come up with a really cool birthday cake idea for him. I want it to be fun and special, just like he is.

7 Comments:

  • I suggest a cake with a frosting picture of him with the self-induced wedgie. I'm sure it will be a lot of laughs.

    By Blogger Jay, at 2:52 PM  

  • It might mean a lot of laughs for everyone else, but would probably make my son cry, which is not something I wish for him on his birthday. I was thinking maybe a volcano, or... maybe a Dragon, if I'm feeling brave enough to try and make a Dragon cake.

    By Blogger bib, at 12:14 AM  

  • Did you buy that book about how to make 'cool' food for kids? And yet you had the tenacity to chastize me for wanting the Magic Bullet?

    Tell me, how much cooler is a smoke-puffing dragon over fresh salsa in just TWO seconds?

    Ok...don't answer that... >:(

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:15 AM  

  • what book for cool food for kids? I'm not chastising you, just think buying a itsy bitsy blender off of an infomercial is uhhh.... not smart?? What is this book you speak of?

    By Blogger bib, at 5:57 AM  

  • Here's the cookbook: http://www.specialeffectscookbook.com/cookbooks.php

    By Blogger Jay, at 11:33 PM  

  • I always try to think of mine as a diary.
    That's essentially what it is, no matter how open or not I am.

    By Blogger Outburst, at 1:38 PM  

  • It basically is a diary, only this one doesn't have a lock on it and isn't hidden in between the mattress and the slats of my bed. It also doesn't have a Lisa Frank tiger on the front.

    By Blogger bib, at 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home