Idiot proof

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Days Go By

It seems like this summer is just flying by. The kids are having such a fun time. This afternoon I was sitting on the back porch resting a minute before going up to my house and Mary and Bren were out in the back yard. Mary was watering flowers and stopped to get a drink. She got her sundress completely wet in the front. I looked at her and she shrugs her shoulders and says, "it's ok, it's too hot." A couple of minutes later Bren was in control of the hose and the wather was flying. He mananged to spray Mary a few times inducing high pitched squeals from my daughter. Bren then laid the hose down to talk to PePa. Mary picks it up and douses Bren and anyone else who was in a three feet radius. Bren laughed and ran and then declared he had a water hose of his own, he was going to pee on his sister. I quickly advised him not to and told him that he could NOT under ANY circumstances ever pee on anyone.

Last night when I got home we worked at my house for a while and then had a weenie roast. It was a lot of fun. Shanna and Cody made the fire and fixed up everything so it was ready to go when we got finished. It was a lot of fun roasting the weenies and marshmallows over the fire. The moon was coming up and it was just a beautiful night. It made me want to go camping so much.

I am hoping that I will be in my house by next week. All the utilities are finished and I'm just waiting on the rest of my hardwood flooring to be completed. There is still a lot of work to do before it will be how I want it, but I will be grateful to be able to move in. I am excited.

Words aren't always easy to say. Actions often say more than words could ever dream. I believe that while words can be beautiful and poetic, actions are often foolproof and heartfelt. I don't know why I rely so much on words, when I am sure my actions say much more than words can.

I am not sure where I get these tiny bits of wisdom. I am sure they are probably just biproducts of insomnia. I need some good sleep. I am afraid it will be a little while before I am able to have any quality sleep though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home