Idiot proof

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Do you like to Do it yourself??

First post in a long time. I've been Busy. No, busy doesn't even touch it. I've been crazy busy. Stress isn't my friend and the faster things get at school the more I realise I've developed an ulcer. Lovely. Our test have become intense and fast, two and three in a three day period. I should be studying right this second. It is very hard balancing everything. Kids, school, work, house, life... but it will all be worth it. Just think, one day when I'm starting an IV on you... you will be GLAD I stressed so much over my schoolwork. I have been kind of depressed about work though. I love my job. I really really do. However, I am in a transitioning phase and it seems that this makes it hard on everyone. I am no longer just the CNA, I'm the baby nurse... It's a little difficult. I get a lot of shit from coworkers that are CNA's that have issues with my moving on. There are times I feel that maybe they think that I will get my license and automatically think I am better than they are. This isn't going to happen. There are certain responsibilities I will have, but acting like an asshole isn't one of them. It makes it tough. I am also having problems with my scheduling. There just isn't enough time in the day for everything I have to do. I can't work until 2am and then get in bed around 3 be back up at 6 get the kids dressed, to school and myself to class, and then be expected not to fall asleep in class. Imagine, a nice, cold class room, sitting for hours, listening to the droning of a lecture.. with a good three hours sleep under your belt. It's an excellent environment to sleep, only if that happens there are deficieny's written and that means you can be kicked out of the program after so many deficiencies. So I have changed my work schedule. My schooling is more important. I have to get through this. Other than that there really isn't much that's going on. I have a few funny stories, but not the time to tell them, so I guess that's all for now. It's time to work.

2 Comments:

  • Work, sleep, stress... it's all part of the game. And it's all about the game, and how you play it.
    Stress can motivate, stress can help initiate change, but stress should not cause so much duress that it causes misery. Do what you have to do. You've only got one life. Try not to hate it while you're living it. :)

    By Blogger Jay, at 10:35 PM  

  • Oh I don't hate life at all. I love my life.... well almost all aspects of my life. There are a couple I could do away with and be ok. As far as stress goes, I tend to take it all inside, I'm like a cow chewing her cud. Eat the grass, spit out the sticks. I guess. I have to chew it all up and analyze it and look for meanings, hidden meanings, probabilities. I don't take it at face value, which probably causes me more stress.

    By Blogger bib, at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home