Idiot proof

Monday, September 19, 2005

Goodnight Moon

Things I do almost everynight before bed:


Let my dog out.

Tuck my kids in bed.

Argue about if the TV stays on or off.

Tell my daughter to go back to bed at least two times.

Study until my eyes hurt even when I close them.

Take a shower (most nights).

Watch TV for a few minutes

look at all the little kids who are lost from New Orleans

wonder how many are dead

wonder how many were left to die by drugged out mothers/fathers/etc

be thankful that my kids are healthy and happy

take my contacts out

get a glass of water

tell my dog goodnight

tell my mathematician goodnight

turn the tv off

lie awake for hours and hours and hours....

get up and go check on my kids.

get up and check my doors.

get up and get a snack.

get up and watch tv.

get up and bitch at myself for not being able to sleep.

Lack of sleep has got to affect my memory fuctions.

The past few nights everytime I close my eyes I have nightmares. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home