Idiot proof

Sunday, October 09, 2005

M'Lady

When I lived in PA there was a guy who I worked with. His name is Jesse. He was a scrawny blonde guy who had more cents in his pocket than sense in his head. I knew then, but am totally sure now that the boy was on drugs. He varied between being hilarous to work with and me wanting to strangle him. One time while working a saturday night after Fat Daddy's let out, (correct me if I'm wrong, Josh) Jesse decides to start calling every female "my lady" like he was in midevil times. At first it was kind of funny because it was only the female employees. Then it was every female that he saw. "Thank You, m'lady" Everyone laughed, so he kept doing it. Like a child who wants attention he only got worse until I was about ready to scream. That was the night I burned my forearm. I still have a scar from that. It hurt so much. I guess I have been feeling a little nostalgic with the approaching fall. I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. I miss the trees of PA. The crispness of the air, and the beauty of the sky. I miss standing in my kitchen on York Manor Rd listening to the chruch bells ring. We don't have that here. We can't get the oldness and the feeling of the northeast here. I loved the first year I moved to PA. How new everything was, the people, the bustle, the climate. I miss driving to Leymone and taking the kids to the pet store. I miss driving across the Susquhanna river going into Harrisburg. I miss the huge old churh in Dallastown. I miss the red barn on the way to the farm where I turned to go to Dallastown. I miss catching fireflies in Yoe. I even miss the horrible traffic on Route 30. I miss going to Lancaster to the Amish stores. I miss having delivery and a big movie theatre. I miss my friend Tammy and going to Leymoine with her and shopping. I miss late night runs to the grocery store and Rite Aide. There are lots of things I miss, but I am happy with the way things are now. I have wonderful people in my life and look forward to making even more memories this fall.

1 Comments:

  • You also miss Chocolate Stars.

    C'mon, you know you do...

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home