Idiot proof

Friday, July 15, 2005

Patience

The thoughts race behind my eyes
yearning for sleep to take you from me
longing for an end to my self made misery

Not again I say to myself
No more pain
please my heart pleads

Behind my lashes I take
your eyes, your smile, your hands
and I put them in an imaginary box

Behind my lashes I take
your voice, your smell, your taste
and I put them in my imaginary box

Savoring each one
as I put your memory away
to ease the pain


Then I hear your voice,
and out the box comes
I pull it out happily

just to drown
in it's contents
again

Ok, some sappy stuff I decided to write. I have my moments where all the goo has to just come out.

4 Comments:

  • I always enjoyed reading your poetry. Even if the subject matter was about somebody else, it's good to read. You should keep it up.

    By Blogger Jay, at 4:48 AM  

  • thanks. I might point out that anything I write doesn't have to be about someone in particular. Granted, it may be directly to someone, but maybe not.

    By Blogger bib, at 9:40 AM  

  • Well, in any case, you have a gift for writing lush images and painting vivid pictures with your words. It's a shame to only let us view it once in a great while. If memory serves, you have a few notebooks of this tucked back in the shed. Maybe that could be an entirely different blog?

    By Blogger Jay, at 11:54 AM  

  • Jay, no blog of my poetry will be coming any time soon. I don't think my stuff is that good, it's just an easy outlet. Josh, I know, it's hard to believe that I can also write with no one in mind, but it's true. How was the half blood prince? I know you've already read it. Did it take eight hours like the last one? Did you even take a break? You are such a dorkchop.

    By Blogger bib, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home