Idiot proof

Friday, May 06, 2005

Lord, help me endure my blessings.

My daughter is possessed. All week long my pretty, sweet, docile little girl has been traded in for a wild, rowdy, bossy, demanding, whining little houseape. We are talking jumping off of the couch, back talking, whining with every word she says, and fighting with her brother. I am at my wits end. She says she doesn't want to eat anymore because she's "fat". She said her father told her she was fat so she wanted me to tell the school that she wouldn't have to eat anymore. Needless to say it's been a chore all week just getting her to eat. Just now she came in here with one of those little ice breaker balls. "mama what's this?" she asks. "It's a breath mint, Mary." "Can I eat it?" She then proceeds to hold the little ball up to her eye and bust it. Red hot liquid squirts into her eye and the screaming ensues. Half an hour later she's resting beside me, patting my back, talking away. Can I just have Mary back? Who is this nervous, uptight, hyper child that came home to me?

Other than that, it's been a pretty uneventful week.

2 Comments:

  • Her 'father', if you can call him that, shouldn't be one to make remarks about people. Especailly about a five-year-old's weight. Mary is perfectly normal for a girl her size and height. And even is she wasn't, why give a little girl like that a complex?
    Hmm, it's kind of funny. You need a license to drive a car, you need a license to carry a gun. Hell, you even need a license just to fish. But any butt-weaming asshole can be a father.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:01 AM  

  • I think the term is "reaming", but I get the gest of it.

    By Blogger bib, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home