Idiot proof

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What a Knotty girl...

Yesterday I was supposed to go in for an HB scan to see how much my gallbladder is functioning. I didn't go. I blew it off and went with my dad to get lumber for my porch. We went up to Lowes and almost got kicked out of the building. Any of you who know my Dad know that he's a good guy with an incredible drive for doing things and can do just about anything he sets his mind to (much like his eldest daughter). He is also a "tad" impatient when it comes to wasting time. Anyway we are in Lowes getting our lumber and we needed 10 ft boards. There they were, just out of reach above our heads. Now my dad, being the guy that he is simply has me hold our rolling cart still while he climbs on top of it and proceeds to take out his pocket knife and cut the straps off of the lumber above our heads. We then start to pick through those boards wanting to get the best ones for my porch. Of course it was just a matter of time before there was the manager standing below asking my Dad to PLEASE come down now. Dad said ok, and got down off of the rolling cart and simply climbed up the wall and continued to get our boards. We finally got what we needed before the guy got there with a loader to bring it down. It was a fun day. We have all we need now to finish my porches and hopefully I can get everything done before too long.

Next up, my gallbladder. I got my scan today. My gb is functioning at 9%. It is coming out tommorrow. Whoo whoo surgery. I am terrified. Not of the surgery, but for my kids. If something happens to me what about my kids? That is what scares me the most. I was telling my son that I might have to have surgery and he started crying and said that I couldn't leave him. That he couldn't be without me because no one could take care of him like I do. It made me cry, and of course made me feel good. I love my babes so much. I guess I am going to be off for the rest of the week at least. What a crap way to have a vacation huh?


NOW, enough of blogging. I am getting dressed and going out to lunch. I am going to have the nicest finest meal I can find in Ada, my last meal as a "whole woman".....

1 Comments:

  • I know how Brenden feels. When mom went into the hospital for surgury, it was through the emergency room, so when I saw her, she was doped up on pain killers and pretty out of it. As I walked in and say that, all resolve I had for being strong went out the window. I was stone-cold scared for what might happen. That is what Brenden is going through. He doesn't want to loose his mother.
    Truth be told, I don't want to loose her either. I've gotten very fond of her these last eleven years, and I just don't know how I would take it.
    So...don't die tomorrow!! Stay alive and well for several more decades to come! I wish you well, and of course you are in my prayers. Always.

    By Blogger Jay, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home