Idiot proof

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ready to Run

Today my son had his dentist appointment. The first of four. He had a filling and a crown done today. He was such a big boy. He got all giggly under the gas and really didn't complain too much. He was hurting a little tonight, but with a few pain relievers he is doing fine. After his dentist trip I took both kids to Taco Bell to redeem their certificates of Bravery given to them by the dentist. While waiting at the counter to get our food I watched the young girl who took my money go over to the line where they prepare the food and stand there preparing to put cheese on my kids tacos. I was going to tell her if she so much as touched my food without washing her hands that it was going to be remade. Before I could tell her the guy steaming (putting the meat on the tacos) pulled a pan from the back on the line and dropped it into place on the line. The hot water splashed and sprinkled on the girls arm. She let out a big "Muthafucka just didn't splash my fuckin' arm with some hotass water." I just stood there, I could take that... it probably hurt. Rude? Yes. Unforgivable? No. A manager who had been sitting in the lobby at the time shouts... I can hear you, so can customers... and their kids. This is when my jaw drops and I about tore into the girl. She says "I don't give a fuck, it hurt. I cuss in front of my kids anyway, they ain't no better, fuck that." I wanted to tell her what she says around her kids and what she says around mine better be two different things. She is at work, first of all. Second, she needs to be a little more considerate. She may want her kids around bull like that, but not everyone does. I am not the most clean mouthed person, even around my kids, but I don't cuss like a sailor either. I bit my tongue, got my food, which the potty mouth did not touch, and took it to my kiddos. The lobby looked horrible and the food was shitty. Go figure.

I have been having weird dreams lately. I dreamed the other night that the moon had holes in it and that the clouds were spinning in the sky, not forming funnels, just spinning. I also dreamed of huge cataba worms that went around eating everything. I would squash them, mushing up their gooey hamburger meat insides only to find dozens more around my feet. I also dreamed about patients, taking care of old people, trying to help them live only to lose them. Weird. Sucky. Not cool.

I don't know where to go with this from here. I have put of writing for a long time simply because I don't know how to say what I want to say. Maybe if I were a rapper I could rap it all out. Yeah word, keep keep it real. I am not a rapper though.

3 Comments:

  • One word, B... Lunesta. It's wonderful!

    By Blogger Jay, at 12:33 AM  

  • hmm.. P-to tha double o r... that's what I am. The hospital raised our insurance to the point where it wasn't feasible for me to have it, so I am without insurance. So no lunesta. No sweet dreams for moi. At least not until I get out of nursing school. Then!

    By Blogger bib, at 2:53 AM  

  • Still, that's pretty messed up that that girl was cussing so loud and with no care as to heard it. if she's a mom, I'm guessing she doesn't attend many PTA meetings.

    By Blogger Jay, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home