Idiot proof

Saturday, February 18, 2006

There isn't anything that love can't fix

I close my eyes and see yours
big, blue, and looking into mine
I lay my hand on your chest
the nest of curls so masculine
I feel them soft against my palm

You brush my hair off of my cheek
and tilt my face upwards
You speak to me
the richness of your voice
gliding over my ears

My heart swells
as your press your lips to mine
so soft and strong
You pull me close
and I drift off to sleep

I never meant to love you
or long to hear your voice
I never meant to miss you
My heart gives me no choice

I never meant to smile
when you said my name
I never meant to cry
when you didn't feel the same

I never meant to think of you
all during the day
I never meant to expect you
to treat me this way

I never meant to tell you
all of my wrongs
I never meant to let you
feel like you belong

I never meant to tell you
I loved you so
I never want to lose you
Yet I'm scared to let you know.

I never meant to love you
Never wanted to
I never wanted to hurt again
It seems I'm going to.

It's four in the morning and I can't sleep. I wrote this poem a while back and never posted it. I am guessing now is as good of a time as any. At the time I was having some issues with my relationship. This seemed to sum it all up for me. Things are going well for me. I can't sleep, obviously, but I usually have this problem, so nothing is new. I love the new Dirkes Bentley song, Come a little closer. I want to play that song.. light some candles... take a longgg bubble bath and snuggle naked under a blanket. This is what I think of when I hear this song.. so sue me.

1 Comments:

  • NOOO... don't sue me.. You wouldn't get much!

    By Blogger bib, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home