Idiot proof

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hoodini Dog

I want to take a minute to tell you all about Dragon. He is a very cute, loveable, and playfull chocolate lab. He is a year old this month and is the best dog I've ever had around children. He is hilarious when he sits in his water trough. He also runs and jumps in the cows trough and splashes around. My mom told me the other day she caught him in her fish pond! I can just see the look on their faces as Dragon is living it up in the fish pond! He's even been known to run down and jump into some nasty sewage... eeewww! Why aren't I keeping Dragon from roaming all over the hill you ask? Well, it's not for lack of trying to keep him in one place. I started off with a chain. This worked ok until he started breaking his collar and twisting the chain up to a point where he was going to kill himself. I got a choke collar thinking this would do the trick. Nope, Dragon was the one doing the tricks because I would come home to find the "choke" collar attached to the chain and the dog no where in sight. I tried getting leather collars, only to find that he would work them until they got loose enough for him to slide his neck through. I swear the dog must have a retractable head. I went to nylon collars, I've gone through three of different varieties and widths. He breaks every single one of them. I am unsure of what to do next. I thought of putting him in stocks but I think he'd manage to chew through that too. Maybe an electral shock collar. LOL. I remember the story of Travis and the shock collar! That's probably what would happen here. Anyway, I just wanted to share a fact about our loveable, wonderful, slobbery, water-loving, clumsy dog.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, I'm not sure if either one of my kids would put a shock collar on for fun. It cracks me up everything I think about Travis doing that though. Boys are nuts.

    By Blogger bib, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home