Idiot proof

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sleepy Smurf

Since school started I have become one of "those" at work. You know, the students that don't work full time. The part-timers. I hate being one of "those". I have convinced a few of my coworkers to go to school. I am hoping they will follow through. I like school so far. I am so tired and the work load is huge. I have read so much my eyes shake and I have highlighter stains on my fingers. I am doing well though. I do have to admitt I have a problem. I sit in the VERY FRONT FREAKING ROW. Which sucks ass. I didn't choose this seat, but got it simply because other twits had gotten the back row before I could snag it. My problem is I can't stay awake during films. I have seen most of the films already. I can not keep my eyes open. I will be sitting at my table, trying to concentrate on the tv and my eyes will cross and I'll do that little falling head jerk thing. So finally I just lay my head on my desk and sleep. I think I've slept almost everyday in class during a film. One of my instructors keeps waiting for my demise, quizzing us after films and such, but I just smile and turn my work in. So far I've made a hundred on every quiz save one, and I missed one. I think it kind of pisses her off. I think it's great. I don't want to fall asleep, but jeez I get so tired. A few of my classmates asked me how I was doing on tests. I told them. They acted like it was some major thing. I wanted to ask them if they REALLY thought this stuff was hard but didn't want to offend anyone. I am ready to move on to the harder stuff, which we finally started on this week.

I made some new friends in school. Yay for me. There is a man in my class from Pennsylvania. We talked about our personal stories. His wife divorced him after 18 years of marriage. He moved back home to live with his parents while going to school. He has an 8 year old son. His wife is seeing a bisexual man. HA! I shared my story with him. He's a nice guy, one of those giggly guys that are always laughing about something, so I can't be around him for very long or I get annoyed. It's nice to have someone to relate to.


I was thinking about this summer, and I'm sad it's over. I met wonderful people and went wonderful places.

2 Comments:

  • Haha, the male version of Bib. It truly is a small world.
    Sorry to hear of your sleeping-in-class problems. I had the same issues back in high school during films. They were just so boring, a nap was unavoidable!

    By Blogger Jay, at 10:38 AM  

  • I know! sleeping is just to easy! In fact, I think I'm going to take a nap now

    By Blogger bib, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home