Idiot proof

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The candle dims and goes black

Well, I made it through Devil Day with only minor injuries. I awoke Tuesday morning believing I was at Phillip's house. I went to turn off his alarm clock... on his dresser, which is where my fan is located at my house. I stuck my finger into the spinning blades thinking I was hitting the snooze button. WRONG! Time to wake up to screaming pain in my index finger. This devil fan is straight from the 1960's. This is not a lesser powered replica, oh no, this is the "don't put your fingers in the fan because it will cut your fingers off with it's metal blades" fan. This fan sounds like a freakin' jet engine and I put my damn finger in it! I disproved the "cutting off of fingers" theory. I escaped the devil fan with only a badly bruised fingertip. I get to work only to find out that I have to stay two hours late, whoohoo. I get a call that says I have to show up for Jury Duty.. double lovely. My lunch sucks, and what started out as a couple of itchy blisters on my ankle has now turned into a full body attack of poison ivy. The air conditioner does not work on my car which makes it buckets of sweaty, itchy fun driving places. I actually fixed my a/c last night, so that wasn't a problem today. Things are going ok. The kids are great. Whiny, but great. I am bitchy and tired, but good. Summer is here and I am happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home